Monday, February 15, 2010

The Language of Joy




Last night I was with a few friends and found myself laughing-out-loud, giggling and making garish intermittent snorting sounds, laced with quirky muffled squeals.  We weren't drinking anything (well maybe some coffee and H20), yet these exuberant noises were bursting out of us simply because we delighted in the language of JOY together.  This beautiful, yet disturbing language has many facets, but its most dominant trait is FREEDOM.  When we are free to be ourselves around one another, we are free to embrace the art of expression, which in many circles would be considered offensive or disorderly.  Beautiful in that it breeds LIFE, and no matter how many burdens or cares ones carries, they flit away when one is able to partake of the language of joy.  Disturbing, in that ya never know how this language is going to come out, and for me . . . well it really isn't pretty, and I beg of my friends to please wear ear plugs next time, because when bursts of joy come out of me they aren't always packed in a petite and sensible auditory package.  Snorts and squeals may not be beautiful, but what ushers forth from the depths of the soul is simply contagious.  It may be a foreign language to some, but I hope this language of JOY is something I get to experience more often. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment